|| || || || || ||help Saturday, April 20, 2019|
|Afterhour Quotes for MSFT: ||View links alphabetically by popularity hide description|
|What it means: After-hours trading has traditionally referred to securities trading that occurs after the major U.S. exchanges close, which is around 4:30 p.m. Before the summer of 1999, institutions trade after hours using the Instinet, or other electronic commerce networks. Starting summer of 1999, individual investors can trade after hours via Island or MarketXT. Since many press releases, or earnings reports are announced after 4:30 p.m., traders or individual investors would like to look at after hours trading to see how the market is reacting to such news. However, as many articles indicate, after hours trading can be very volatile and can indicate that investors overreact on the news. Use the afterhours quote cautiously.|
Suggest a link!
- 1. BigCharts Afterhours quote by BigCharts Add to my favorite links
- Bigcharts quote displays the afterhours quote on the bottom left hand side.
- 2. Island BookViewer by Island ECN Add to my favorite links
- The Island BookViewer is a best-effort attempt to provide the public with access to a real-time view of the Island limit book. The Island BookViewer only contains information concerning Island's best bid or offer, Island's last match price, or any other information that is specific to Island's system. Furthermore, the Island BookViewer does not necessarily represent the best bid, best offer, or last sale price on NASDAQ or any other market or exchange. Trading goes on even before or after the Nasdaq Market. Island ECN is an automated trading system for equity securities that gives brokers the power to electronically display customer orders. Island functions as a pure auction market – directly matching buy and sell orders.
The Island BookViewer is a free, Internet based service. These quotes are not guaranteed to be timely or accurate. The operation or lack thereof for this site is not any indication of the fitness of the Island ECN.
Do not use the Island BookViewer for making investment decisions, it is for informational purposes only.
NOTE: While the Java BookViewer works great 24 hours a day, it can be very uninteresting during non-market hours. The best times to see activity are Monday through Friday between 9:00 am and 4:30 pm U.S. Eastern time.
- 3. MarketXT Order Book by MarketXT Add to my favorite links
- MarketXT OrderBook displays the best bid and ask limit orders for the stock. While trading goes on 24 hours a day, most of the activity occurs between M-F 9:00 am and 4:30 pm.
MarketXT is the first Extended Hours ECN for the individual investor, giving you access to extended hours trading previously available only to institutions.
- 4. Nasdaq.com Afterhours quote by Nasdaq-Amex.com Add to my favorite links
- Nasdaq-amex provides after hours activity. Source: ILX
- 5. Quote.com Delayed LiveCharts by Quote.com Add to my favorite links
- Quote.com LiveCharts is a dynamically updating JavaTM applet that brings you streaming updates on equities trades as they occur. Trading action is displayed on a dynamic chart and a scrolling list showing the most recent trades. While any registered user may use the LiveCharts Applet and see delayed quotes, only Trader, Investor, QCharts Trader or QCharts Investor subscribers may use LiveCharts Real-Time.
The Time and Sales of the trades sometimes happen after the markets are closed.
For a description of the terms,
go to Quote.com Livecharts Description
Email to a friendUSEFUL LINKS