|Glossary Term: PORTFOLIO|
Definition(s) for PORTFOLIO:
1. ) The collection of different investment instruments owned by one individual or institution. A portfolio can consist of any combination of stocks, bonds, derivatives and such.
2. ) Collection of loan or assets, classified by type of borrower or asset. For example, a bank's portfolio might include loans, investment securities, and assets managed in trust; the loan portfolio might include commercial, mortgage, and consumer installment loans.
3. ) A collection of securities owned by a person or financial institution.
4. ) A group of investments held across asset classes (stocks, bonds, real estate, gold) or within the same asset class (exposure to stocks across companies and industries).
5. ) A collection of securities and/or other financial instruments under common ownership and management.
6. ) Investor's holding of securities of various types. The wise investment policy is to build up a balanced portfolio according to personal requirements.
REPLICATING PORTFOLIO, PORTFOLIO COMPANY, COMPLETE PORTFOLIO, EFFICIENT PORTFOLIO, FACTOR PORTFOLIO, HEDGED PORTFOLIO, INEFFICIENT PORTFOLIO, LEVERED PORTFOLIO, NORMAL PORTFOLIO, OPTIMAL PORTFOLIO, PORTFOLIO ASSET ALLOCATION, PORTFOLIO BETA, PORTFOLIO DIVERSIFICATION, PORTFOLIO EXPECTED RETURN, PORTFOLIO INTERNAL RATE OF RETURN, PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT, PORTFOLIO OPPORTUNITY SET, PORTFOLIO RESTRUCTURING, PORTFOLIO SEPARATION THEOREM