|Glossary Term: PRINCIPAL|
Definition(s) for PRINCIPAL:
1. ) refers to the amount of money that is financed, borrowed, or invested.
2. ) Any person who buys or sells a security for his or her own account. Also refers to an executive of a firm that actively engages in that firm's trading business.
3. ) the amount borrowed from a lender; doesn't include interest or additional fees.
4. ) Major party to a transaction, acting as either a buyer or a seller. A principal buys and sells for his or her own account and risk. It is also refers to the amount initially lent for a loan or mortgage.
5. ) The unpaid balance on a loan, not including interest; the amount of money invested.
6. ) The amount of money borrowed or the amount still owed on a loan.
7. ) The face value of a bond.
8. ) The Face Value Of A Debt Instrument Or The Amount Of Money Put Into An Investment.
NOTIONAL PRINCIPAL, P & I (PRINCIPAL AND INTEREST), PRINCIPAL-ONLY STRIP (P-O), NOTIONAL PRINCIPAL AMOUNT, PRINCIPAL ONLY (PO), PRINCIPAL AMOUNT, PRINCIPAL EXCHANGE-RATED-LINKED SECURITIES (PERLS), PRINCIPAL-AGENT RELATIONSHIP, DISTRIBUTION OF PRINCIPAL, INFLATION-ADJUSTED PRINCIPAL, LEVEL PRINCIPAL, MUNICIPAL SECURITIES PRINCIPAL, OPTIONAL PRINCIPAL REDEMPTION BOND, PO (PRINCIPAL-ONLY) SECURITY, PRINCIPAL COOWNER, PRINCIPAL AMOUNT