|Glossary Term: YIELD|
Definition(s) for YIELD:
1. ) The rate of return on a debt instrument if the full amount of interest and principal are paid on schedule. Current yield is the interest rate as a percentage of the initial investment.
2. ) A measure of the annual return on an investment.
3. ) In stocks and bonds, the amount of money returned to investors on their investments. Also known as Rate of Return.
4. ) The return on an investment, expressed as percentage of the price originality paid for it. If the investment, such as security, is to be sold, its yield is its return expressed as a percentage of its current market price.
5. ) The return on a loan or investment, stated as a percentage of price.
6. ) The return earned on an investment taking into account the annual income and its present capital value. There are a number of different types of yield, and in some cases different methods of calculating each type.
7. ) The return on an investment compared to either the original investment amount or, more commonly, the current market value of the investment. Yield is always quoted on an annualised basis.
8. ) Effective return to an investor from a particular security, expressed as a percentage on the current market price.
9. ) Income (Interest Or Dividends) Earned By An Investment, Expressed As A Percentage Of The Investment'S Price.
ANNUAL PERCENTAGE YIELD (APY), BOND EQUIVALENT YIELD, CASH FLOW YIELD, COUPON YIELD EQUIVALENT, CURRENT YIELD, EFFECTIVE ANNUAL YIELD, EFFECTIVE YIELD, EQUIVALENT BOND YIELD, FLAT YIELD CURVE, HIGH-YIELD SECURITIES, INVERTED YIELD CURVE, PAR YIELD CURVE, SPOT YIELD CURVE, TAXABLE EQUIVALENT YIELD (TEY), TRUE YIELD, YIELD CURVE MODEL, YIELD CURVE SLOPE, YIELD CURVE SMOOTHING, YIELD CURVE TWIST, YIELD TO CALL (YTC)